Sunday, August 2, 2009

No Church to Call Home


I think the hardest thing so far about moving away has been looking for a new church. To put it plainly, it really sucks! And it sure has brought out my critical spirit: the pastor wasn't sincere enough, the worship was corny, if I wanted to watch preaching on a screen I'd a stayed home, they lost my kid. (Okay that last one, I had a right to complain!!) And to top it off, poor Blaze and Shade having to be the "new kid" at church every Sunday is taking a toll on them... and me too actually. It is breaking my heart.


What is this time of wandering in the desert (literally.... we live in the desert now!) supposed to be for? I am thirsty for fellowship, longing for a church to call home. Lord, I pray that You lead us to that place of refuge, and until then that You will be my sanctuary. Isn't that the way it's supposed to be anyways? Aren't you supposed to satisfy our thirsts and longings? Aren't you the Sanctuary? The perfect Sanctuary?


I know that you are true to your promises. And you promise to give us a hope and a future. Thank you Lord for knowing everything, for caring, for being powerful enough to handle it all, and for being with us in our times of thirst. In a dry and weary land, You are my water....

4 comments:

  1. hey, I'm gonna go pray for you guys... Your prayer brings peace to my soul, as I've been there/am there...it's like how being poor teaches you how to spend your money better. Go ahead and lean hard into God in the desert! FEEL that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey- we are going through the same thing. it is really hard on the kids, that is why we have stuck with the same place for 8 weeks or so even though we know it proably isn't home. i will pray for you. will you pray for us? the past few weeks, my oldest who is a social butterfly by nature refused to go to class. bad sign, b/c that isn't like her at all. we are trying a friends' church next sunday. (our 6th or 7th) let me know if you al find a good one and we will do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you both... for your prayers and encouragement. i love this blog thing! so relational!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chaundra,

    I just wanted to tell you that I'd love to have you join us for the study of Psalm 119. It's called, "Sweeter Than Chocolate" and from reading how you already study the Word, I think you'd be challenged by it, and find great solace from that passage of Scripture.

    It doesn't matter where you are called to worship, this study is for anyone...and we'll have women from several different churches coming.

    Just know that you are welcome, that we love you, and that we've been right where you are.

    Much love to you in our Redeemer,
    Jes

    ReplyDelete