Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Resumen de Mexico


Cancun Mexico 2010:



Valium and drool sleeping on the plane (there and back), a romantic dinner for two at a French restaurant with (ironically) the best food of the whole trip, getting a beautiful silver bracelet from a new friend, blow drying my hair in 15 second increments (overheating blowdryer, hotel issued), dancing in the hot sweaty club de baile (could they not invest in a single fan??), Mango Margaritas starting at breakfast, white silky sand (that somehow ended up in the bed... and everywhere else!!), water the color of imagination, our own (mostly) private pool on our back doorstep, cigars and menthols, standing in the ocean feeding wild fish tortilla chips, running for my life screaming my head off because said fish starting lookin at me like I was a tortilla chip, swimming in the ocean, sitting on Pancho the bewildered donkey with a bag tied to his bottom to catch wayward poo, rediscovering John, coatis and iguanas, loving the Lombardis, drinking the water (with much regrets), never once calling home (scaring the crap out of everyone... sorry), buying junk so my family knew I was thinking about them (even if they didn't get a single phone call), losing my giant diamond earring, never once leaving the resort, sunburns sunscreen and sunglasses, eating and eating and eating again (gotta love those all inclusive vacations!), lost luggage, having the time of my life and at the same time so glad to go home.

Poor Poor Pancho...




We seriously look like movie stars from the '60s!



We love the Lombardis!!







Me and John at the romantic dinner at the French restaurant in Cancun.








Me and John taking pictures of ourselves at the beach. Having no idea about the "zoom" feature on our Droid.
















Our "back porch" at the Secrets Moroma Resort.














Me and John on the beach.











1 comment:

  1. You crack me up. I'm jealous of all that SUN! I love "rediscovering John". :)

    ReplyDelete