Friday, January 29, 2010

Zumba!!!!!!!

One of the many reasons I believe God had us move here to AZ, was to have the fitness director at our community center convince me to become a certified Zumba instructor. This whole experience has enriched my life in so many ways. Zumba is great exercise, a wonderful creative outlet, a place to make friends, and uses two of my favorite forms of art- music and dancing. I have learned the rhythms of salsa, meringue, cumbia and reggaeton. I have also learned some African, hip hop, belly dancing, bollywood, and bhangra. I am so grateful to have found a passion that brings so many positive aspects to my life. I also get to inspire others to creatively express themselves, while at the same time they have fun, shed the stresses of life, and a few pounds to boot!! And as many of you know, I love fashion, and the fun clothes I get to wear is certainly a great big plus!








These are photos of me and my two "zumba pals" Carisa, and Rachel. We went to a Phoenix Suns game and did a master class together during half-time. We weren't the show or anything, so they really missed out!! :) I think the class would've went much better, except I had a beer, polish sausage, and giant cookie shake goin on in my belly!! UUGGGHHH!!! Friends don't let friends eat and zumba....





One of us is booty and the other is poppin'. From the looks of everyone else, I think I was doing opposite of what I was supposed to. But hey, look at those muscles... I was committed!!

1 comment:

  1. I took a zumba class once at club sport and felt completely off beat the whole time! :-) But I have no doubts that you rock it! Maybe you can teach me sometime! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete