Friday, January 29, 2010

To Blog or Not to Blog... Is this a title I used before??

I never make the time anymore to sit down and do something I deeply love, write down my thoughts. I'm so very thankful for the many many journals I have filled full of poetry, stories, and thoughts of all kinds. I love the feeling of nostalgia. I love remembering. So why haven't I been writing more? Well, for one, by the time I can sit down and write I am dog tired. All I want to do is snuggle up to John on the couch, watch trashy t.v. and eat forbidden foods!! For another, where many words are present, sin is also. I love the proverb that says something like: even a fool is thought to be wise as long as he doesn't open his mouth. So many people blogging about what they think about this or that thing. Sometimes not even thinking about how their words can be affecting another. I know I have stuck my mouse in my mouth a few times in cyberspace!! And last, I just haven't really felt like I had anything to say. I have felt much like this desert place that I am living. Thirsty, dry, barren, and empty. Of course if you look closely there is much beauty here. And I haven't felt much like looking closely... at anything.

I think another experience I am having right now would be something of a limbo of sorts. We are moving again. This time to the other side of the U.S. We have pulled ourselves and our children out of almost all of our activities, packed up many of our possessions, withheld ourselves from committing to serving at church, and are barely doing a full day of school. I am going down to only three days of teaching zumba, to make the transition easier at the community center. And I feel a distance already with some of the friends that I have made here. All of this must, in some way, serve to protect ourselves from the pain of saying goodbye. But at the same time, we are missing out on so much life! I obviously can't sign the girls up for any dance classes, piano lessons, or choirs, but we can serve at church, spend our last days with dear friends, and be totally present to this day that the Lord has gifted us with.

That's my story... and I may or may not stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment