Monday, September 28, 2009

Day One of A Child's Geography

Well, so far so good. As a matter of fact... so far so great! I love this curriculum. The read aloud part was the best ever! The activities helped to engrave the new information in their cute little brains. The copywork is fantastic. The post cards home fun and easy to do. I am giving it the chuck two thumbs up! The curriculum is so well rounded, it's almost a unit study of sorts. There is Bible, Writing, Reading, Narrative, Copywork, History, Literature and fun fun fun family projects. The first project will incorporate some sort of compassionate volunteer work for the homeless. I am excited!

We ordered both books for A Child's Geography. But the one we started is called Explore His Earth. The other one is called Explore The Holy Land. The jury is still out on the second one. I haven't even cracked it open.

I can't say what I think of First Language Lessons for a Well Trained Mind. The Teacher guide didn't come, and you need it in order to do the lesson. Stay tuned for my opinion on that curriculum. The Teacher guide won't be here for one to two weeks....

We did receive Blaze's vocabulary curriculum Which she sat down and did about ten pages because it was fun. So if your child is good with worksheets, this one is excellent. It is called Daily Skill-Builders Vocabulary.

Both of the Language curriculums can be ordered from the learning things link on my website....

No comments:

Post a Comment